Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Even Though Series

I've noticed myself lately (okay, maybe for the last 7 years) start sentences with the phrase 'Even though (insert problem/negative thought/annoyance here), at least (insert silver lining here). I try to be as positive as possible, but sometimes it can be tough, especially when I'm going through a rough few days (or months...)

Which is why I like this phrase. You say what you're unhappy with, then you say what good can come/is coming out of it. For me, it helps if I vent. If I explain everything that's bothering me--all of my paralyzing fears, how the entire world seems to be against me--or whatever the issue may be, I feel lighter. But, the key for me, is overshadowing the problem with what good will come out of it. What, out of this problem, will make me a happier person? A stronger person? Wiser? That sense of comfort- the light at the end of the tunnel- is what keeps me going. It's what keeps me sane.


And one of those current predicaments is---what else? Debt. Mostly from student loans. Even though I have thousands (THOUSANDS) of dollars in debt from student loans, I am getting a wonderful education that will give me the opportunity to secure a meaningful career in a few years. And you can't put a price on that :)

xoxo
<33holly

No comments:

Post a Comment